West Palm Beach, Florida – The honorees of this year’s prestigious National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheon include the world’s best-selling author, the founder of the Quantum House, and a longtime member of the Kravis Center Board. The winners in each of the five categories are:
- Outstanding Philanthropist– James and Sue Patterson - James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author, known for his many enduring fictional characters and series. He has donated more than one million books to students and soldiers and has over four hundred Teacher Education Scholarships at 24 colleges and universities. He has also donated millions to independent bookstores and school libraries.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Fundraiser – William A. Meyer - the second Chairman in the 25-year history of the Kravis Center board. Bill serves or has served on the Board of Trustees for numerous organizations including JFK Medical Center, Kravis Center of the Performing Arts, The Quantum Foundation, Meyer Jewish Academy, Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County and the Jewish Community Foundation.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Foundation Award - The Berlin Family Foundation - The Berlin Family Foundation works collaboratively as a family and within the community to eradicate society's most pressing problems by attempting to solve their root causes through innovative ideas, education and personal empowerment. It is our belief that education is one of the most important mechanisms toward creating lasting, systemic change. Our vision is to create a world where everyone has the opportunity to lead a productive and fulfilling life, a world that provides a pathway to quality education that will prepare and inspire the lifelong learners, critical thinkers, innovators and problem solvers of our future.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation Award - G4S Secure Solutions - G4S recognizes the crucial impact that its employees can make by supporting good causes in their local community. To help support employees’ individual efforts, G4S runs a matched fundraising program called Match It! through which it matches the funds raised by employees for local charities or community good causes
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional – Roberta “Robi” Jurney - As a founding board member and CEO of Quantum House, Robi has the joy of caring every day for families who are facing some of the darkest days of the lives as their children suffer from a serious medical condition.
The award recipients will be honored at The National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheon which will be held November 17 at The Breakers in Palm Beach. Money raised for the luncheon will support the mission of the AFP of advancing philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs as well as provide scholarships. The association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession.
For tickets: http://www.afppbc.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=events.details&Content_Id=500032&returnTo=main
The event is hosted by the Palm Beach County Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals http://www.afppbc.org/
National Philanthropy Day is a celebration of philanthropy - giving, volunteering and charitable engagement - that highlights the accomplishments, large and small that philanthropy, and all those involved in the philanthropic process, makes to our society and our world.
About the Association of Fundraising Professionals
AFP is committed to excellence in providing the highest quality services for our members and other constituents. We are responsive to their needs and strive to exceed expectations. The AFP Mission is to advance ethical and effective fundraising.