STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Special Events Coordinator will execute special fundraising, community and volunteer events, as well as donor stewardship to achieve agency goals.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for overseeing an existing portfolio of fundraising events with fundraising targets.
- Coordinate event logistics, sponsorships, attendance and collateral promotion.
- Responsible for in-kind donation solicitations for each event.
- Monitor financial progress and budgetary plans for events.
- Engage, recruit and manage relationships with community volunteers.
- Research and cultivate new and existing donors for special event support.
- Work with Development Committee to assess the outcomes of events.
- A Bachelors degree with a minimum of 3 years related work experience in managing special events, preferably with a nonprofit organization. Event, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- General business knowledge, extensive knowledge of social media platforms.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and make appropriate judgment calls on catering, décor, and general event needs.
- Strong problem-solving, listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against tight deadlines
Please send resumes with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org